Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A simple printer table with 3 shelves - In Progress

A few weeks ago or maybe months I decided that my giant printer/scanner/copier is way too big to sit on the beutifull desk my dad had made for me a few years ago. I decided to take action and asked my dad to teach me wood working by helping me make a table for my printer.

 This is my computer desk... I should of cleaned before taking the picture lol

So far I bought the wood… or tried too… it wouldn’t fit in my car so I paid my dad to go buy it for me.Then i drew a plan based on the computer desk. I then learned to use a table saw and cut out the peaces for the sides and shelves

Last week I learned how to use the planer to smooth out the imperfections that existed on the facing panels.
After my dad showed me how to use a router (the thing that you use to create grooves to put in the shelves).

And yesterday i worked on the facing. The only thing left now is assembling it, staining it and then varnishing it.

I don't have any pictures of it yet... I was too busy working to think of pictures lol I'll post pictures of the table next time I work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment