Sunday, September 18, 2011

Snacks for lunch

This week I fell into an old habit... Instead of eating 3 large meals per day I ate many snacks or smaller meals. While I love eating smaller meals it's really not practical to bring all those containers to work... It also makes me very grateful to have a dishwasher.


In my lunch box there was:

- Thin wheat crackers.
- White grape jelly
- Chive and herb flavored cheese
- Frosted flakes
- Tortilla chips
- Homemade salsa
- Marbled cheddar
- Grape tomatoes
- Carrots
- Small container(s) of left overs (a little bit of chicken, stew, and lasagna)
- Pudding
- Lemon squares
- Apple
- Pear

I'm glad I had a 1L of milk in the fridge at work it made one less thing to bring. Maybe I should also keep a box of cereal at my desk and crackers... it would make a few less things to bring to work.

I have to admit that I cheated on Thursday, I went out for lunch because someone I work with was leaving for another opportunity. I am sad that she is leaving but glad that she is getting a promotion. She was an amazing boss and I will miss her. I ate some of the snacks during the day and ate the rest of the lunch for dinner.

Good luck for next week,
Netlycka



Brown Bag ChallengeWe’re teaming up with fellow food bloggers to host a Brown-Bag Challenge, a month-long initiative to eat consciously and save money by packing a lunch each weekday instead of eating out. Join us here and share what you're eating on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #brownbag.

No comments:

Post a Comment